View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3169260)   #4
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drive anything anyone will let you drive, or in which you can rent a ride.

The more experience you have with different vehicles, the more able you will be to adapt to whatever comes along. The more you learn about driving in general, the more you will bring to the table when the money talk starts.

I look at U.S. IMSA Lites champ Tristan Nunez who always wanted to do sports cars but started in carts and single seaters until he got a ride with a sports car team. After winning 10 of 12 races in a prototype, he went to England and won the Walter Hayes trophy ahead of 120 Formula Ford racers.

He has said his greatest strength is his ability to adapt--new cars, new conditions, he has driven enough different things that he can figure out what will work and what won't and go fast in whatever.

Plus the more hours behind the wheel and in competition, the better.

Of course, I am challenged even driving to the store in my aging Honda, so taking my opinion on driving might not be wise.