View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2013, 02:15 (Ref:3183458)   #69
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabyjj View Post
This season lewis has really shown his class and I feel he was the fastest and maybe bar alonso the most consistent. He carried on fighting even though his team badly let him down.
I'm a Hamilton fan but I don't think it easy to call him "the best". He is definitely one of the best of the current drivers. Unfortunately, he has had some numbskull moments. Even disregarding 2011, when his head clearly wasn't in the game, in previous years he still had moments when I wanted to strangle him, like when he rear-ended Kimi in pit lane with a red light at the end clearly indicating they weren't allowed to leave yet.

Lewis's biggest weakness is bad luck, unfortunately. His teammate over the past few seasons shown what good luck can get you. Case in point - Brasil 2012. Button was praised for his brilliant tactic of staying out on slicks instead of pitting for intermediate tires. It was just by dumb luck that it worked out for him, as it could have just as well been a huge blunder and made him look like an idiot. Had it instead been Lewis making the gamble, the rain would get worse and destroy his race.