View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3199326)   #10
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grid sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina107 View Post
However, should be 20+ V8ST, a dozen NZV8's, 14 V8 Utes, 15 Suzuki, 10 Extreme GT, 25 CMC and almost 30 Honda - something for everybody, really.
Substantially better than any recent tier one meeting BUT, it would be even better to see some over-subscribed grids, as HD can cope with 40+ saloons.

Great to see CMC & Honda cup with good grids. Maybe Extreme GT (which has some awesome machinery) could have shared a grid with similarly paced cars such as older TransAms/Oscas etc? There is no problem in my mind with having two or more classes on a grid, as this is so much better for everyone. Empty grid spaces equals either a financial dent or a lost opportunity. V8 utes does nothing for me I'm afraid and a grid of 14 does even less. Suzuki could share with Mini to boost that grid, but then sponsorship gets in the way of full grids...

For many people, (me included), this is what would be called a true premier event, even without single seaters. Good to see and it deserves to be a successful meeting for all concerned - so lets hope they are all winners and no losers, financially speaking.