View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3229780)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
I commend you for the post but its all too similar to what we have. I agree with CDM, not only are budgets not there any more, also adding to that issue is the time needed to follow this potential series over the summer period plus the holiday period loadings we all have to pay. With the exception of TRS which isnt made for NZ anymore, its made for foreigners and NZ teams to run them, most people want to spend time with the family, especially after this summer and that goes for attendees as well.
I think TRS was always shaking the cup around for foreign drivers to come over, but I notice they got aggressive about it after the GFC and they had that one season where grid numbers were not very good(9-10 cars at some rounds? I can't remember). Then I started seeing a lot more advertising overseas and blurbs in places like Autosport.

If you are a cashed up Euro who needs some drive time and some seasoning, certainly it's a great option, which is why many have taken it up and filled out the field.

What happens next, I don't know. Personally I'd like to see something a bit more exciting with more horsepower.