View Single Post
Old 18 May 2013, 05:34 (Ref:3249219)   #4580
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I also remember reading that Audi could never figure out how Peugeot could get so much front grip with the amount of horsepower and torque they had.
I have a photo of the 908 going through the Turn 10 chicane at Road Atlanta with the left rear on the curbs and the front flat on the track. The 908 had so much flexibility in this turn that it looked like it was hiking its rear leg to take a pee like a dog while addressing the inconvenience of a curb while at high speeds.

I know that prototypes are supposed to be stiff but this car could bend in the middle with the front suspension doing one thing while the back suspension was in a totally different situation.

The 908 had flexibility in its chassis and suspension that I haven't seen in too many protos. Most teams seem to want more stiffness but it seems the 908 had been doing yoga and could twist when and where it was needed.