View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3275303)   #94
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Perhaps Hamilton should have said Vettel has it easier, I don't think anyone could disagree with that.

Perfect statement.

Trouble with this forum, and others I guess, is that posters/fanboys will argue black is white in defense of "his" driver. I don't see Vettel as a great I will admit, but I do concede he gets the best out of the Red Bull. Webber is just a smidgen behind him in speed but is cursed with the Lion's share of bad luck.

I don't consider myself part of the Lewis fan-club, but I do prefer him to Vettel, and I can understand Lewis's frustration about the Red Bulls over the past 4 years or so, that's natural. We all know, whatever driver we prefer, F1 is more about the car, has been for a long time.
Lewis will understand better than forum posters when viewing incar of Vettel in a Red Bull, how the cars compare. To that car advantage, add the fact that Vettel is undoubtedly the favoured one in the team, Red Bull are the best team on strategy calls, they are the best team at pit-stops, and they have a very fast 2nd driver taking points from contenders. That's a MIGHTY challenge to a F1 driver not in a Red Bull.

I have no problem with people being in love with Vettel and thinking he's the greatest, that's their view and they're entitled to it, but do us all a favour, please acknowledge that he has had a pretty good car these past years.