View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3298941)   #138
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
See how well they communicated that to us? USCR continues to forge forward successfully ... except for the racing part, which is still nowhere ...

Oh, and for the fans being a problem? Lack of fans, more like it.

Just like it is absurd for AC Flinn to insist that fans should be glad to pay for a product just because production costs went up (I pay for Quality Improvements, not cost overruns) it is ridiculous to expect the fans to "Band together and save sports car racing."

Until the series pays me, I am a Consumer, not a producer. I am Not responsible for making the product successful. My job is to find the products I want to consume, or not to consume at all if I find nothing that attracts my interest.

How many of you folks deliberately and repeatedly eat at the worst and dirtiest restaurant in town, just to help it stay afloat? It might be the only restaurant in town offering a type of food you really like, but if you don't like the food they actually serve, you won't eat there.

And if the price of their fare rises, you have less reason to eat there, not more.

If USCR really expects me to pay more money just to watch their product on TV, they have to make me think their product is worth more money, and so far, it looks like it won't be even as good as what it replaces ... and that product was online for free.

USCR's slogan is "We'll offer less and charge your more"? Think that will work?

Simple math. If I cannot watch it live and for the exorbitant amount I am already paying, And they cannot show me why it will be Better than other products ... i will not consume.

If that makes me the problem with the series in some person's mind, I would label that person frankly irrational. If that is the way you think businesses work, I will sell you a bag of air for a higher price each day, tell you my costs continually climb, and tell you that it is your job to keep me in business.
Just give me your credit card number, and I will do daily withdrawal ... how's that for service?

Last edited by Maelochs; 4 Sep 2013 at 16:38.