View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3305291)   #228
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also from the BTCC forum is Gow's opinion on the Support package which I think explains the situation really well... ( I can't say I asked the question)

"Every race series goes through cycles of high and low grid numbers, due to differing factors. I can remember standing on the grid at Donington Park around 10 years ago and seeing just 12 BTCC cars on the grid and many 'experts' were predicting its demise....

Porsche are in the last year of racing their (now superseded) Carrera Cup car, with a whole new car being introduced for next season. Some teams took the opportunity of selling their cars early this year in order to prepare for purchasing their 2014 car, hence the low numbers this year but I have no doubt their grid numbers from next season will be healthy.

And in the reverse situation, this is the first year of the new Formula Ford and it has taken Ford a bit longer to get the grid numbers up to size. As you rightly say, motorsport is expensive and money is still pretty tight at the moment.

Our support races from Porsche, Ginetta, Ford and Renault have all made long-term and important commitments to our sport - and should all be applauded for doing so. They are all making a great investment and commitment to the sport and each will inevitably go through peaks and troughs from time to time....exactly like the BTCC did.

So the answer to your question is that yes of course they are being addressed by those series. And the best way to assist them is to continue supporting them so that they will have a very strong platform for their series for the future. I'm a bit more loyal than to just cut them loose and create even more problems for them if they are going through a short-term issue...."