View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3305621)   #96
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I only saw the short course but the only GA photo locations were the outside of the esses and on bridges.

I stayed outside the esses mostly, a little in turn one and i think 17? Whatever the last turn prior to the pit entrance. There are screens everywhere, so not really a bad spot.

All the food I had was edible and expensive. $12 for a Bubba burger.

Beer was $9 for a 16oz.

There are shuttles that run from the parking lots to the front entrance. It isn't a 'well oiled machine' yet, so be prepared to wait. The place is huge... Makes Daytona look like Dixie speedway.

It is about 15-20 miles from downtown. We rented a car to go from the track to the hotel. Our hotel ran shuttles downtown. I did see some people taking taxis to the track.

Sunblock, umbrellas. There is absolutely no shade. If there was a tree on the Texas prairie, they knocked it over. You can bring in one bottle of water but that's it.

It's a cool place but lacks the atmosphere I'm used to at most road courses.
Good info. Thats the heart of Texas for you. I am glad I'm waiting for next year. There have been a lot of hot days and I don't need any more of a tan.

Be safe, for everyone attending. The heat isn't much of an issue for me but for some I know it can be!