View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3314299)   #671
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/tds-greaves-con...rticle/315092/
TDS is planning to run 1 LMP2 at Daytona and possibly at Sebring too.
Greaves Motorsport confirms it will run at least 1 LMP2 at Daytona and Sebring. They may run 2.
Greaves has also has the possibility of running the full USCC season or just running the NAEC (Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen, PLM)
It's always nice to have some confirmation on TDS (I already knew Tim Greaves's situation because of insider info but I didn't want to leak it prematurely - C7R pictures, anyone?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
IF they get granted entries.
I find it hard to believe that they won't, especially since both have participated in combined ALMS/WEC or ALMS/ILMC events like PLM and Sebring beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The interesting part of this article to me was the last line:

Sounds like quite the trip, although I suppose a team could make other arrangement for their equipment if need be.
There's no reason for any WEC team to rush about to make Daytona unless they want to run the full NAEC, which Greaves, for one, seems quite interested in doing. What's the point of attempting to race Daytona when presented with such a narrow window of opportunity/time, i.e. November to January? And I suppose they'll be making the Roar Before the Rolex as well? That's just 1 month to have a car shipped from Bahrain to Daytona Beach, Florida. Basically, if you aren't planning on the full NAEC schedule, why not just wait until Sebring? That gives you plenty of time to prepare for the WEC, which is obviously the WEC teams' top priority.