View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3327158)   #361
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I'm not saying he isn't one of the best, trouble is, the team pays him to deliver his best no matter what the circumstance. It would appear that stuff like his separation from Nicole has affected him but compare that with Fernando and Kimi, who have both, as I understand it, recently gone through divorces, but their on track performances haven't suffered as a consequence.
I don't really know about the status of the driver's relationships because it is thoroughly disinteresting, but it is obvious that people will react differently to such things. And separations aren't all the same; whilst Lewis is possibly devastated, another man may be delighted to be free of his marriage and reinvigorated. It isn't really a character weakness, even if it is somewhat unhelpful at times.

But I don't think his performance of late is down to lack of focus, it is just one of those little periods of time where a driver seems to struggle with things whilst, at the same time, his teammate seems to have found a groove. It happens to them all. Heck, even Fernando has looked less than impressive at times compared to Massa this season, unthinkable twelve months ago.