View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3342870)   #21
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news for Kris Meeke. I'm not sure many people realise that he's only ever done about 10 WRC events in a WRCar, all over a 8 year period. He's massively in experienced compared to his rivals, which makes his performance in Finland, after 18 months out, remarkable. To set top5 times, in Finland, is a sign of his talent. I think after a less than stellar 2013, Mads Ostberg is fortunate to get a drive, but does have talent - maybe a change from M-Sport is what he needs.

As for Hyundai, well, they are here to win; forget the 2000-2003 programme. I thought the presentation dragged on slightly; but, showed a company full of enthusiasm to grow bigger, using their Motorsport programme as part of this. Signing Neuville was an example of this

I am slightly worried about some of their driver choices: they signed Hanninen, Bouffier & Atkinson to do testing, etc Hyundai Australia have heavily backed Atkinson, as I can't see what he's done recently to warrant the drive. They then signed Sordo, and appear to have dropped Bouffier.....hmm If I was him, I'd be slightly miffed.