View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3351438)   #5288
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Personally, I think he's a nice enough guy even if we disagree on certain aspects of the rules or on their execution. IMO, he's simply overworked on the race weekends and either doesn't have the power or ability to properly delegate responsibility so that more things can be done. Funny, that's similar to my views on how the whole merger has gone down over the last 18 months... maybe my expectations are just to high? :-)

-mike
I'm sure he's a nice enough guy and if he's saying that's the way it is, I suppose he's not doing anything wrong per se. I definitely believe those employing him are doing something wrong to allow such a situation to slide, however. Were it my series, and the race director felt that's the way it was, I'd sure as anything be telling him that the way it was is no longer the way it is effective immediately, or 'the way it is' would be 'being administered by another race director'. Perhaps my expectations are also too high, because it's clearly impossible to steward a series the way the WEC is...oh, um, er...