View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3352939)   #55
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Are you on the board of directors or something? Where is that insight coming from? A member posted here that a VP laughed at the idea of signing off P1 programme. Than SS talked to someone (I assume a 'racing person' from Nissan) adamant that P1 will happen. And then the non-committal announcement in the Autosport article came. I see nothing to suggest that an outright win is the company's goal here.As for the big picture, my guess is that the original DW got more attention in non-specialized media without finishing than Audi did by winning. Nissan are certainly doing very well here at a fraction of the cost.

What I see is a balancing act (or a game of poker if you like) by the ACO trying to attract a new manufacturer, while risking to be played.

As for the litigation, I really doubt Panoz has much of a chance against an automotive giant. In worst case scenario (for Nissan) they will have to reach a financial settlement.
Comedy aside, Nissan has stated numerous times they want to win Le Mans overall. Its all throughout the G56 thread that lead to the opening of this one. You dont have to work inside Nissan to know their intention.