RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
Thoughts on the event?
I live in Victoria, and won't be going ... but the concept interested me in case it were to be ever held in Melbourne. However, upon looking at the website, the event leaves me totally underwhelmed, and whilst I would want to go to a similar event here; I wouldn't at those prices based on the information found in the website.

My first thoughts on looking at the website were to wonder if I had bought a time machine and gone back to 2011. A couple of direct quotes: From Ferrari Challenge "2011 sees a change in race duration, as the first one will now run for 25 minutes and the second for thirty five." The timetable lists each race as 30 minutes. From XX Programmes "Indeed, a specific kit based on these observations has been produced for the FXX programme which has run since 2006 and the 599XX, that started in 2010 and they will continue to evolve through the 2012 season." Will continue to evolve through 2012 - seriously?????

There are no entry lists or quantity details on the website that I could find. I'm left with no idea of how many entrants will be in the Challenge Races, and how many FXX or 599XX will be in that event? 1 of each - or significantly more? Would I be totally disappointed in the fields for both events?

I could not possibly consider the general admission ticket. $49 + a $20 park for 1 30 minute race and some practice and display sessions. If you want to see the La Ferrari, you HAVE to buy a paddock pass. So the Paddock Pass would have to be the go, and $50 is a massive sting for a pit pass. I also thought that there wasn't enough discount for a 2 day pass when compared to other events. I can't help wondering what the ask is for a "normal" event at SMP is, and whether the parking fee is there for all events. Parking fees at Sandown - nil. Parking fees at PI - usually nil, though I have been slugged at PI for a V8SC event before. Parking for the Bathurst 12 hour - nil.

What were spectators charged for the Rennsport event, and what do they get charged for at TCM? Both are events which had significantly more racing time.

In summary I think the website looks good on the surface, but offers woefully inadequate and out of date information, and the price charged is way out of step for what you get. Perhaps the Ferrari faithful are happy to be slugged this amount though? Time will tell.