View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3392459)   #136
Serge
Rookie

Belgium
Serge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Serge, congratulations on your choice of series! I will ask around on your behalf, one inspector lives 10km away from me, very helpfull guy and good friend of Jeremy Hall.
Actually, I'll try and call him but pretty sure hes away till early next week.
Have you checked World Sports Car site? Jan has done an excellent job on that site-well worth a look anyway.
Thank you Terence! There is no rush for me, I'll be happy to wait if he's away.

I have been looking at racingsportscars.com and touringcarracing.net, but I'm having trouble finding out if a meeting was run under an international or national license. Most of the racing appeared to have been in Germany, or a German championship abroad. Is there an easy way to find out what license they would have used, or better, if any of those entries would mean something for the FIA?

Sebring and Targa Florio would have been international without doubt.

In the targa florio the Lotus Europa was entered as a production grand touring car and therefor wouldn't have many (if any) modifications. From the photographs I have of that car there aren't any obvious ones.

I have found some photographs of the Europa at the Sebring race, but they are taken from a distance and there isn't much detail.

Thanks again,

Serge