View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3395078)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
As sad as it is to say this, I would think the only chance of old GT1-esque class appearing any time in the next 10 ish years is if mr Ratel gets one of his 'great ideas' and says that the time is right... he still has that dream, check Spa 24 podcasts from last year. ACO doesn't wanna go there, GT/GT+ sounds like another mix of the GTE/GT3 BoP formula when you listen what manufacturers have said. They have target lap times for prototypes so they're don't speed them up too much, yet they (unfortunately) want to regain the gap to the GTs -> so I doubt the power levels will be increasing...
Eh, I think - at least in terms of raw engine power - some GT3 aren't too far away from where GT1 used to be... Audi is at a "factory-rated" 570bhp, so it's probably gonna be quite a bit more than that and the bodykits seemed to get wider every year as well until the this year's tech-freeze.

BoP vs development based is of course another question, but getting the horsepower back alone would be a big step in the right direction.

Come to think of it, maybe they could use (some) GT3-engines for my hypothetical P2+...