View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3396320)   #816
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
In this article (fr), E-I reports that Toyota decided to change the tyres to wet on the #7 and to new hybrid tyres on #8 which then was lapping five seconds faster than its sister car. Audi stayed on slick tyres during the period of light rain.
E-I also explain that the hybrid tyre, which looks like a slick, is confidential and still in development.
Wanted to highlight this. This split decision to have different tires is what had the #7 car fade back from the #8. It also led to the spin by Wurz. But now they know better for next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl123 View Post
looking carefully at videos...

#2 had a previous spin on straight, #1 also went off not in corner but in acceleration on the finish straight (i think), #2 went off clearly yet on straight... tires ? probably helped... but i think there is more to it, that rear differential seems too sensitive for rain conditions, when grip conditions between track and non-track (track guides, different sections of track) are more acute.

funny #7 also had a spin but clearly on a corner... not counting with a "touch" between #2 Audi and #8 Toyota ( i think), clearly #8 fault, could had resulted in an ugly crash, both went off (luckily undamaged) ... but none penalty accrued (its open season for Audis, yet guessed how much of it played to increase the #2 instability)

So penalties will be only for fuel flow infractions ( uber stupid game)... so say it the greased oil lords... the rest you can do pretty much how you like it, specially if you are a petrol...
What? Nakajima didn't touch the Audi. You must have missed the replays. He spun before coming near the Audi and the gt car. How are you going to penalize someone for spinning on a wet track?