View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2014, 02:54 (Ref:3396482)   #6157
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
when the 2014 livery was revealed during the le mans parade, I remember that someone of audi sport said that the new car has a weight distribution close to 50/50. Usually lmp1 cars had always more than 55% of the weight on rear (so far only the arx-02a had a perfect 50-50 balance). Could be this unusual mass distribution one of the reasons that made the rear of the car so unstable during braking in wet conditions?
Seems all spins were on straights and so with good downforce load, and before braking... Di Grassi is striking, no wheels on different kind of pavement, and none other car aquaplained there ... seems a rear differential and or suspension issue.

Don't know how weight distribution... if could help anything... could had balanced this off. To me different suspension springs and or shock absorbers will be ordered. Also i don't know if a Torsen differential is allowed and or if they had one... i don't think so for either... Audi is famous for Torsen differentials on rallies, and if they had one doubt any spin would had occurred.