View Single Post
Old 4 May 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3401916)   #6840
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
How so what?

ACO/FIA been stating again again that all they want in the 2017 rules is a closed cockpit with a stronger chassis.In the engine front they might allow a mild ERS in P2 and GTE.
Hmm, first we are talking about IMSA, the thread title is 'USCC', no? While IMSA is trying to be fully cooperative in the creation of the 2017 IMSA/TUSC ruleset with the ACO and FIA to create a single spec of P/P-2 chassis that can race everywhere. IMSA's GA based 'P' cars are recently moving away from the tall narrow greenhouse that was despised by a large majority of US sports car fans. That move also brought in the US mfgs. into the top class of sports car racing in the US. I really do not see IMSA moving away from the new found interest from fan and mfg alike. I agree that the cars will all be coupes and we will see the inclusion of carbon fibre into the tub/safety cell portion of the chassis, but I have a very hard time seeing the 2017 TUSC P class being a, P-1 light! IMSA wants US brand activation in the series!

L.P.