Old 18 May 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3407575)   #305
cobraRed01
Rookie

United States
New Jersey
cobraRed01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
The channel that it comes on isn't available through my cable provider. This "monumental deal" isn't bringing anything to me in any fashion, it just means that I won't be able to watch the races.

The SRO stuff was on SPEED2 as well which made them geoblock the series for the last few years, and for at least the first few races of the season they did NOT unblock them after a few weeks. Admittedly, I could only bring myself to care for the first few races of each season and after that I'd just give up and move on and stop checking to see if they had been unblocked. If we are to the third race in the championship and I'm still not able to watch the first race, at that point I'm done.

Perhaps you should read closer before "chomping at the bit" as it doesn't say that the races will be live, it says that the BSS races will be broadcast "as live" on the same day (which is actually better than live in my opinion because they can be adjusted to better show times here in the US). It doesn't say anything about the BES races being live, but rather says they will be 1 hour long highlights packages.

My bigger issue is with the BES races being geoblocked. If they geoblock the BES races because of the 1 hour highlights packages then that means none of us here in the US will be able to watch the full BES races, as even the people with the channel available will only get 1 hour highlights packages. They have already geoblocked the Monza BES race so I'd be willing to bet the rest of the season will be geoblocked too.

Now I know everything can't work for me and that just because it doesn't work for me it doesn't mean its terrible, so I didn't say that they were idiots or accuse them of screwing their fanbase or call it a "horrible deal" or anything. Just because something works for you and you are excited because you misread something and think you can watch it live doesn't mean that I need to be excited when it means I won't be able to watch them at all.
+1!! As noted a number of times...we used to be able to watch FIA GT1 & GT3 online live or via immediate replay. Then the whole geo-blocked BS started. FIA GT went to Speed2 in the U.S. which millions...including myself... could not get. Lame. Put me off GT racing. Had hoped for a renaissance this year...but same BS. If GT racing is supposed to be an international phenomenon, no one should be geo-blocked and immediate replays should be available to account for time zone issues. If we're talking viewership we're not talking Nascar numbers here. The arrogance in GT racing is stunning. I have zero faith in "big coverage deals".

Last edited by cobraRed01; 18 May 2014 at 19:52.