View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3415274)   #26
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danathar View Post
That begs the question though.

How can it be beneficial for Toyota and Audi but not GM?

All three are global car manufacturers and sell cars everywhere. All three (and soon to be 4) P1 competitors have stated they get good ROI in terms of development feedback making these cars.
Who says its beneficial for Toyota and Audi?

I am about half serious and half joking with that statement. I have no doubt that somewhere, some level of money pays dividends when used to sponsor motorsports. And some auto companies (likely not that many) are tightly bound to motorsports as either part of their image and/or the types of cars they make.

Ford and GM are global brands. Maybe they are investing just the right amount for it to make sense. Who knows. I know those who chase down sponsorship likely have plenty of Powerpoint presentations that show the benefit of sponsorship. Especially as the levels to run something like WEC or F1.

With that being said, I am a huge motorsports fan and hope that auto manufactures in addition to well heeled companies continue to support and sponsor motorsports. Even if it doesn't make much sense to me personally!

Richard