View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3415318)   #33
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
As far as I know the GOBS of cars GM and Ford sell overseas are the compact, low-profit, high-volume commuter cars and delivery vans and such. hrd ot explain how a billion-dollar, multi-year Le Mans program is going to boos those sales.

Audio and Porsche selll A.) low-volume, high-profit luxury and sports cars and SUVs, and B.)low-volume, high-profit luxury sports cars and SUVs.

Toyota, I don't know how the race folks sell that to the bean-counters.

In fact, as race fans, I suggest strongly that we never ask the question, "Why do factories race?" because sooner or later someone in a factory is going to say, "Yeah, why do we?" and we're all screwed.
Toyota Hybrid Racing. The only place they can use their hybrid expertise. Just like Audi and 'diesel'. Just like Nissan and 'electric'. Ford touts 'ecoboost', theres your reason for doing it, Ford.