View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3435256)   #108
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Even within grade levels, there are smaller graduations. For instance, a few years ago, the Nordschleife had a Grade 2 rating, so it could accommodate up through GT2 cars. However, it was not a full Grade 2, as GT1s and LMPs were not allowed.

The WEC doesn't want to take the chance of being "shown up" by a "feeder series" in a market where the audience "doesn't know any better". At least, that is, I think, a part of it. It wouldn't be that hard to "show up" the WEC in the LMP2 class at least. The WEC would insist on having its own classes recognized as being separate entities from the AsLMS runners. Finally, I don't think the WEC will go for having non-LM cars on its race grid, even if they dropped the CNs and it was just the GT3s.

I would say that most of the WEC"s "arrogance" comes from the FIA side. If some is coming from the ACO side, it's probably just a matter of trying to suck up and look "worthy" to the FIA.

My favorite Japanese circuits?
1. Suzuka
2. Autopolis
3. Sugo
4. Okayama (Aida)
5. Fuji
6. Motegi

The old Fuji would have been second, or (with chicanes) third.