View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3435406)   #117
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
TF110 and Snout, yes I understand your point but when you have sub 10 car grids in your neverheard-series you do what you must and not mess around with standalone weekends pretending to be the headliner. Maybe when if it would be on the healthiness level of ELMS (which I too hope would co-exist with the world series but whatever) but in this case no.

Anyway this six car grid might just be the lowest ever for any series running more than Grand Prix distance (I say that because of the famous Indy fiasco and obviously there are minor sprint series with small grids). Even the previous incarnations of this series and the latter half 1992 World Sportscar Championship had more entrants, and they were proper entrants not fillers running non compliant machinery. Congrats AsLMS, you are doing history.
Fair enough, I'll cop being an undercard on a shared weekend. What I'm more in agreement with was the point that the series will fail or succeed on team interest. I don't think sharing a weekend will add genuine compliant cars to the grid. Neither will stand alone it seems.

With the news of 6 cars for Inje and that being the case now in the second year of returning, management really need to realise that they've had enough time to see racing teams in Asia aren't buying what they are selling. But what do you do ? Shared weekends, be the undercard, be humble, accept it's going to be small fields for now, aim for baby steps.

6 cars is disappointing but I'll still be following, I can do humble.