Thread: Multi 21 Ricciardo vs Vettel 2014
View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2014, 22:15 (Ref:3437140)   #353
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
It's still early days and if/when Vettel adapts to the car, I'm sure the steamroller will pick up where it left off.

One think this season has shown us however is that Vettel isn't quite Schumacher 2. The fact Schumacher (in his first career) utterly destroyed every team mate across different teams, car technologies etc... demonstrates just how special he was... and there may not be another like him for a generation.
We best not go over all this again. Oh dear I can't resist!!

For me it's far clearer that the guy was only able to do what he did with inferior teammates/rivals and vastly superior equipment to the rest of the field in all but possibly 2or 3 of his title years!!!!

Vettel similarly made the most of a major advantage as are Nico and Lewis this year.