Thread: Team Marussia - what next?
View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3469427)   #65
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The problem with TV is pay to view, it doesn't attract the casual fan. Then again there are die hard fans who resent having to pay. It's the same thing that's affected IndyCar. However, F1 has a global and bigger audience than IndyCar but pay to view is now beginning to bite.
it is a problem although i suspect we see it as a problem for different reasons.

personally i dont think they make PPV available on enough platforms, its is restricted by things like cable and mobile provider, they have chosen too high a price point and require long term subscriptions. $2-3 per race weekend on the device of your choice and for as little or as many races as you want and i think you start winning back those casual viewers. subsidize races to include advertising and charge a premium for non advert feed. more choice is the answer on this imo.

from other thread here it seems the biggest issue is that most people (here) have is price point and the requirement to pay that large price to SKY/Fox empire. the problem is not with the PPV model itself just its implementation imo.