View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2014, 06:36 (Ref:3478093)   #45
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post
Hi Bluespur, I hear what you are saying but maybe if I can explain the situation you may be a little more understanding... and by the way the CRC Motorsport team did not make the show, it was commissioned and delivered for us to play.
The show needed to be paid for somehow, and without the contribution of sponsors it would not have been made and we would not seen those amazing GT cars at Highlands. I understand the predicament of the programme maker with trying to satisfy the Motorsport Viewer, Sponsors, and the Promoters, it really is a no win situation. I do agree with you, the Tourism piece was an unwelcome intrusion but push come to shove I would gladly put up with 2'30" of sponsorship than not see the show at all.. I thought it was a great looking show, full HD, some amazing cars and excellent racing.. I hope this helps you understand that it is a challenging environment when making motorsport programmes.

Cheers.. Nigel TV3
Well said Nigel, though such rational may be lost on many folk.

The fact is that Motorsport, like many other so called sport's is not mainstream, so therefore no NZ TV broadcaster can make a return on the investment needed to pay for the production of any form of Motorsport, other than the once a year V8SC New Zealand round, let alone pay fees for the coverage rights.

I didn't get to see the coverage yesterday so hopefully it will be available on demand, but I think all motor sport enthusiast need to thank you and TV3 for at least bring us free to air TV3 coverage of our favorite sport, certainly you get my vote.