View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3493381)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
I guess there's two ways of looking at that.

1. Yes the rev limit will stop the increased power at higher revs - which would mean engines *may* last longer between rebuilds so increasing the viability to those on lesser budgets.

2. Those with larger budgets will just get their engines guys to do more development work to increase the power/torque across the rev range up to the new limit.

Result: Those with more money will still have better engines.
Re your last comment- I don't think anything will change that!

The DFV engined F1s are already limited and I am told this does reduce rebuilds, which I think are £25k a pop. And yes, engines are optimised to give best torque and power in the Rev range restricted to!

I don't know much about the "Rev limiter" required but it looks expensive. Not sure if it is best choice or someone did a good selling job......