View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2015, 19:58 (Ref:3493900)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Power is a factor of Fuel flow and rev limit. A sensible rev limit will always level the playing field. The development of cam profiles to maximise power and torque is generally more achievable for most…its expensive components and billet items which become a requirement for high revving engines that costs the money.

I think my 6AL has little plug in limiters and mine is 6k revs from memory…

Limiting power on a V8 is simple..

1. rev limit
2. 4 barrel carb only
3. Limit the size of the brakes in terms of overall rotor diameter and original callipers. Not strictly engine but still the most effective way to control lap times!

N.

Thankfully I am still at the learning to drive faster with what little power I have stage
4 Barrel carb wont slow them down much, its all they had in NASCAR for years, and the imposition of standard brakes isnt a good plan IMHO as all it does is play into the hands of a particular model thats blessed with superior 4 pot calipers and maybe rear discs. I would never run the original brakes on my old car again even to get into Goodwood Group 1 as its simply dangerous to allow cars to have 500bhp engines then restrict them to sliding single pot calipers and drum brakes, makes no sense to me.