View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2015, 23:44 (Ref:3499306)   #52
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
so in your world.. rugby players only know about rugby?
Not exactly, but the inference is that whilst he may be a petrolhead he may have zero knowledge of the grass roots majority involvement and even less knowledge of their major concerns.

As I see it (and I may be wrong), this wasting more of MSNZ's income trying to promote a tiny fraction of the sport, that has a minimal number of people involved. I doubt that he has a deep understanding of the sport.

Even if the existing classes of Tier 1 grid sizes are doubled (and yes, he certainly sees that as an issue), the grids are still less than half full, which is still pathetic.

I can't see one outsider being able to convince MSNZ that the current classes are not working if the rank and file comments can't persuade them. Or will it be a case of 'well, we are paying for advice so (now) we'll listen'?

To use the old definition of a consultant: "Someone who walks in, borrows your watch, tells you what the time is - and more often than not, walks off with your watch - and sends you a big fat bill."