View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2015, 02:43 (Ref:3505044)   #2676
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thought I'd share the shout out to the crew... cant post pics here sorry... but the words to go with the crew pic, are heart felt.

It feels like a win, despite only being a 2nd in class and a 6th outright, but for the few that know the background, its epic for us... anyway...

So I think the words are coming now...

Firstly to Emily (far right in crew pic) if she can read this. I wish I got your name/contact. What a trooper. From Albury Motorsport TAFE, a brilliant effort from a bold young lady taking on a mans world. General garage assistant, sticker crease getter outer (and putter inner!), and keeping the car and garage clean and tidy. Fire woman in the fuelling pitstops. Also helping, and I think its fair to say, impressing, the lads from AF corse next door!

Erald Shabani. (In middle at back, thumb up). My helper at Hughes Supercar Services. Bulldozer of work to do. Since October we've been sinking our lives and energy into getting the car repaired from the mid year whoopsie, and preparing it for the 12 hour. Superb effort, so proud and I consider myself very lucky to now have you formally employed. To grab your life by the scruff of the neck, and bail from the crumbling economy in Italy without speaking the language, taking language school until you could get a job here.. amazing. And to land on my doorstep through astrological guidance and luck, I'll be forever thankful. Bulldozer. It is as it is supposed to be!

The Nizwits, err, I mean the Nizpro turbocharging professionals.... Tonys mates from way back, and legends at everything, including wit, predictions, and actual work too! David Symons (5th from right), Blake Morris (4th from right), Stuart (6th)and of course Simon (2nd). David on left wheels, blake on spike and handling, simon on fuel vent, stuart on fuel in. Sharp minds and funny buggers the lot of them. Ace jobs.

Brett Dickie, (third from right) my ex helper at Hughes Supercar Services, and part of one of aussie motorsports great families. So sorry you didn't get a drive in the race, but for sure your day will come. In the mean time, I'd want no other guy to fit those right side wheels.

Hector Lester and John Buchan. (each side of Erald) Longest serving British GT competitors, and people I consider great friends. The connection I helped give to Allan, has bound a knot that can't be undone. Hector, the passionate and enthusiastic Ferrari owner and racer, and deeply emotional character, fun loving and a bottomless pit of support and well meaning. Laconic Scot John, master of all things Ferrari. Preparer of the most speedy and successful and reliable Ferraris known to man. Nobody has a better reliability record.

Christophe Pizzoglio, (4th from left) Kessel racing. Always the best quality help, instantly. Enough said.

Stefano Govoni.(5th from left). 2IC at Michelotto GT3 dept... His presence was a surprise and a blessing. Big time!

James McCabe. (3rd from left). A huge pleasure and honour to scoop you up, and finish that unfinished business we had. From Teds Lambo effort in 2012. You were oil on the water, a slick operator and smoother of all wrinkles. A pillar of reasoning and knowledge.

Jordan Nizwit junior (2nd left). Enjoy your swim?

Elizabeth Parrish. Far left! Thanks so much for all the work catering and refreshing. But also for keeping Tony under control! That's one job few can claim to achieve! Also not pictured, sister Rachael, again, thanks for the same!

Andrea Montermini... (Front and centre). An honour and privilege. Highest regard for a top level pro, and funny bugger too.

Renato (front left). Mate, I don't know how you do it. You achieve so much in any given timeframe, multi tasking like no other, and your driving that weekend was impeccable. And barely a glimmer of Princess or chopper man!

Benny (front right). I struggle the most here. All I can say really is thanks. And wow. And **** yeah! What a drive, 50th to 14th, in a stint. Incredible, and something only few could ever do. And super professional in the car too, slick driver changes and an amazing race strategy brain also. Wise beyond years, but I guess you've had a good teacher...!

And finally Tony Defelice, Left middle. To remove yourself from your own car, and place your trust in me and take the educated risks proposed to you, takes more balls and guts than I've ever experienced from anyone. To allow me and Benny the closure we've gained, and experience we've built will never be under appreciated. To spend your own money to allow us to do that goes beyond gratitude. And the thanks we pass on toy you, come not only from us, but also our families and friends, around the world.