View Single Post
Old 13 May 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3537038)   #5738
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Very true!
And comparing the two's career, Bamber has less experience that Michael, even though they started at the same time.
Either Bamber is a bigger talent, or something/someone else gave Bamber the upper hand (Webber?)
It could be the case that Bamber is more familiar with influential people in the Porsche program than Christensen is, but given the almost meteoric speed at which Earl has risen through the ranks I think it'd be fairer to day that he is seen as the bigger talent.

But that's not a slight on Michael, I reckon he will be in a 919 sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
Battery vs. supercapacitor

Battery must be "oversized" so it can deal with higher power, note that size/weight is not necessarily bigger than supercap. It was mentioned last year by someone that Porsche can hold all of it's 6 MJ capacity on board, don't know how is this year. Toyota supercap can only hold a fraction of total 6 MJ If I would have to guess only around 1 to 1.5 MJ.
An issue of RCE this year had a feature on Toyota which mentioned the size of the supercap. I can't remember the figure now though (I chuck them as soon as I've read them as well) but 1MJ sounds familiar.