Thread: Auto GP 2015
View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2015, 16:40 (Ref:3546186)   #29
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
The problem with manufacturer involvement in Europe is that the main exposure would be in Formula 1 or WEC, so few chances exist for a similar series to exist. Formula 3 in a way has similarities to Formula Nippon with large involvement of Mercedes and VW but at the same time not to the extent that it is in Japan.
Yep indeed.
But that is also the result of the type of involvement by the OEM's. Formula Nippon but also DTM get a lot of exposure due to the power of the OEMS, and the fact that the OEMs use their power for this. DTM is broadcasted on major german television because the oems Ensure this. I am not familiar with Super Formula but i would imagine that is also the reason for the good exposure they get.

If you look at F3 this was never the case. Which makes sense if you combine that the cars are not impressive for a tv sport, and that all the best talent moves along next year since it is a developmental serie (so no/very little star drivers).

I know that it will never happen, but imo if a German OEM and another OEM with a good european presence would be added to the World Series of Renault then imo you would have a very good class for a mix between good paid drivers for ex-F1/top GP2 but just missed F1 drivers and talented drivers as well. Cars that are fast but still decent budgets, 3 manufacturers, 8-10 european events, tv coverage.