View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3562584)   #59
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The Porsche WEC engine is a different spec from the current F1 PUs so I don't see the IP for the WEC engine being compromised.
I am talking about the small details that makes engines not just good, but great. Those tricks (secret sauce) would apply to a similar F1 engine even if the configuration, displacement, etc. is different. I expect there would be more similarities than differences between a bespoke WEC and F1 power unit (given the current rules).

This is all just speculation on my end. Who knows why it didn't work out. If anything, I suspect Porsche just doesn't want or need the distraction. Maybe they put out unrealistic preconditions (you pay the bills and we keep the IP) to force RB to go away.

Richard