View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2015, 09:12 (Ref:3580473)   #27
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I chose to purchase my TV via a bundle with Virgin Media, but if I wish to watch all F1 races live, plus live qualifying, then I would have to pay a further £25 per month for the privilege, and possibly cutting my nose off to spite my face, I refuse to do so. I am sure that I could trawl the internet for a way around this, but in all honesty, I can't be arsed (mods, please excuse my language, but there isn't another word that really describes my view - bothered just doesn't cut it)
Slightly off-topic, I know, but for those in the same position as Mike (Virgin Cable customers)...

As long as you are not in a fixed contract (that is, in the first year/two years of a package) you can phone them up and go through the "I want to leave" process. Ask to be put through to the Retention team; they will often find a way to give you what you want (need?) with a *very* small increase in costs (or sometimes even a decrease!); the catch is that you commit to a new contract period of one or two years.

I did that the first year F1 was on Sky; I got all the sports channels added, doubled my broadband speed and went to a 'bigger' phone package (more inclusive calls) for the princely increase of £3 a month.

I appreciate that might not work for everyone, though.