View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3580483)   #28
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Slightly off-topic, I know, but for those in the same position as Mike (Virgin Cable customers)...

......I appreciate that might not work for everyone, though.
Graeme, unfortunately I have done it too many times to reduce the monthly subscriptions in the last few years (successfully, though) that they have politely suggested that I leave it for a while before I try it again! However, watching F1 is now not important enough to me to even consider trying to get the sports package; I haven't watched a race for nearly 4 years now, and to be quite honest, if I never watch the current cars race it will be of no loss to me.

Back to the subject of the sale, it is peculiar that Patrick Allan, the newish commercial boss at Silverstone, has made a public attack on the F1 product in the Independent newspaper today, saying that it's sh*t and that it won't sell. Then you look at who is behind the writing of the article, and you see that it's BCE's best pal, Christian Sylt, and then you read further to see that it is obviously a piece authorised by the great (little) man himself.

Obviously, Allan is railing against the ever increasing (5% p.a.) sanctioning fee and the fact that Silverstone has lost a huge chunk of rental income when the BRDC sold off most of it's land, but I think that the hand of BCE is behind this, possibly with a view to driving down the value of FOM, just maybe so that he (or his ex-wife) can snap it up at a bargain basement price!

By the way, I haven't included a link to the article because it takes so long to load with all the cr*p that is imbedded; however, it seems as though virtually every motoring site is quoting from it - take your choice!