Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2015, 03:34 (Ref:3598706)   #264
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Obviously Stu if the v8ST regulations allowed ST competitors the freedoms that the TLX currently enjoy they would be significantly faster than they are now.

However thats not the point, the point of the integration of the 2 V8 Categories is to allow the TLX to do what ever they need to do to bring their car up to the same performance potential as the currant fixed regulation of the ST cars.

Nick Ross car is clearly as fast if not faster in a straight line than Simon Evans, so the fact that Nick can't lap in the same lap time as Simon means that either Nick is just not capable or that Nicks team have not optimised their cars set-up.

Its a subject of fierce debate and not helped because there is obvious disparity between most of the TLX cars. At least Lance Hughes seem's to want to try ways to improve the performance of his two cars, which is a step in the right direction least in my opinion.
I am reliably informed that fierce debate did indeed rage at Hampton Downs yesterday when one of Lance Hughes TLX cars tested the ST rear wing back to back, and found an immediate gain of nearly a second, 8/10's of a second, to be precise.

Of real concern is that instead of simply allowing the TLX competitors that want to run an ST rear wing and get an immiedate gain in performance for not much more than the cost of a set of tyres, apparently Nick Ross was suggesting that all the ST's should have to run the TLX rear wing!!!

I was not at the test and so cannot attest to this as being a fact, but if thats truly what Nick really said and think's it does not bode well for good faith between the parties.

If the same performance gain could be made on Jason Bargwanna's car the would really put the "Cat amongst the Pigeon's" so to speak.