View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3635422)   #230
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
There is an article by Jonathon Noble on what needs changing in F1 and the cars are not one of them.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/op...crisis-688799/
from that article:

'In more recent years though, Ecclestone has instead grabbed many big name companies to become global partners of the sport. Think of Emirates, Rolex, UBS (and another big brand coming soon), whose names and logos are plastered on race tracks rather than sidepods.'

cant say i have heard this point made before. in addition to a fairer distribution of prize money, FOM/CVC crowding out the teams' ability to find sponsors only compounds the problem of unequal distribution.

good point there Noble.