View Single Post
Old 11 May 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3640914)   #55
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
So So!! The UK Govt has turned down the deportation request....

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns33794.html

What goes on now then? Bet he gets a UK passport...
The Home Secretary has declined to action a deportation as he arrived in this country legally. However, the Home Office has advised the Indian government that it would assist them if they made a formal extradition plea to the UK courts. The next move is up to India.

And I very much doubt that he would be offered a British passport, because that would cause a huge stink.

Talking of passports, I needed to renew mine. Took the old one and the application form into the local Post Office last Thursday, and the new one was put through the letter box by a courier before 8 am this morning. Can't complain about that service.