View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3657056)   #37
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had good run in the G4 in the HRS. The weather was lovely, nothing like the last time I was out at Silverstone where I ended up with about 2cm of water swilling around both foot wells.
It was my first time out in the G4 on the GP circuit - I have driven the circuit numerous times, but only in my Lenham (which is for sale!). So, with over 30hp more and around 200kg less, this was going to be fun. I qualified well, ending up 2nd (26 cars in all) to John Davison in his Elan S3 with a time of 1:48.431. My start was truly, truly terrible - I started to creep forward as they held the lights for a long time. I came off the gas to stop creeping forward, JUST as the lights went out - great timing. I was swamped and ended up around 9th going into Paddock Hill. How everyone missed me, I don't know, but it is a testament to the skill of my fellow HRS drivers that they did. I made a sneaky move at Druids, taking a tight line and getting by 4 or 5 cars in the process and from then on in it was pedal to the metal to gain some places. Ended up 3rd behind John Davison (1st) and Peter Shaw (2nd in his Elan). My first podium finish ever - get in!!