View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3695487)   #1605
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Appalling behaviour.

Why isn't Mercedes holding his feet to the fire and making him drive next year? Oh, either he likely has an escape clause, or more likely Mercedes knows you can't force someone to perform at a top level if their heart isn't in it. Not to mention the team always has options to terminate if they want. It takes two to make things work and the situation and health of that changes from moment to moment. Who is not to say Rosberg didn't sign an extension in good faith and then after the grind and pressure to the end of the season, plus ultimately him achieving his goal caused him to think? Do I really want to do this again? And for what? Kudos for him for walking away when he felt it was the right time.

Is it unfortunate for Mercedes? Yes. Is it some type of moral or ethical failing by Rosberg? No. Will Mercedes survive? Yes.

I see these comments as those who don't like Lewis as a chance to bash him and the same for those who don't like Rosberg.

Richard