View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3699357)   #2727
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Racing wise I had ups and downs. Losing the engine at Goodwood was costly, then for an unknown reason the replacement was seriously down on power but we didn't find out until Donington when it was too late and very embarrassing.

At the Silverstone Classic I was quite hopeful of a good result but in the race was a couple of seconds off my best in testing the previous Thursday. Eventually I lost a third in class. Looked at the tyres afterwards which gave the reason. Lesson learned, put new boots on for every race.

In June we took the MGB for its first run since 2012. We were going well in the three hours when the points broke. Another lesson, don't run App K when you don't have to. We've found another ten BHP on the rolling road so next year should be better.

Back to Spa for the 6hrs event where I was up against a couple of very quick Capris. Trouble was they either broke or kept throwing them off the track. I came through as second overall in the TDT and First in Class. Nice way to end the season.

From a distance it's been good to read of the successes our Tenthers have enjoyed. Delta's efforts with the Stoke Row event are commendable in the extreme.

Work wise I moved from Ankara to Tirana. Both nice places although Ankara has sadly become less hospitable.

I wish everyone a happy and successful 2017. I do have one worry though.

What will we call this thread?