View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2002, 11:48 (Ref:397453)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pook said their figures were 75,000 to 100,000 for the weekend which sounds low to me. Of course, it's hard to judge when you are watching a street race. I was glad to see so many people stayed to watch the Trans Am, which was a very exciting race too (although Johnny Miller seemed to have got into the stupid-pills this weekend too.)

Once they get that one corner complex sorted out, this race should be marvelous.

You're right about Sebring, it's pretty well self contained and the camping is terrible compared to what we get at other races unless you can camp with the marshalls at the SCCA. Even a lot of the ALMS people complained about the number of rednecks cluttering up the place, although they did seem to keep to their cantonment most of the time. One of them hit our car and didn't bother to leave a note or anything, too.

I love Sebring though and plan to return next year. And I'd love to go to Miam too!