Thread: W Series
View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4059529)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
TWith W Series now being on the F1 support bill do you think we'll see more W Series drivers being given roles in F1 teams? Jess Hawkins now has a role with Aston Martin, is Jamie Chadwick still with Williams? Will other teams pick up W Series drivers? It could make sense - that way teams have extra interest for sponsors over the course of the weekend in terms of on track action and can make use of the W Series driver during the F1 sessions for hosting sponsors and explaining the ins and outs of F1 to them. Will we see a Red Bull liveried W Series car at some point for example?
in my mind, it's a short term marketing exercise. and i'm kind of surprised every f1 team hasn't seen the merit of having a female driver on their books. they don't have to be beating all the boys hands down. that's not what participation and representation is about.

that said, looking at the group photo, it's still a total sausage fest on the off-track side. it still feels uncomfortable to be forcing gender segregation. f1 is doing a much better job of sharing women's stories as part of the workforce, but i guess w series isn't about the entire female experience in the sport.