Thread: Extreme E 2021
View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2021, 07:04 (Ref:4071454)   #38
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the racing itself is actually good when the cars are working and the drivers are on par. I was sceptic about the male/female pairs and still am, but at least some females have gotten a chance at something they probably never would've otherwise, and a chance to promote and prove themselves.

On the other hand the series really bugs me looking at some aspects like drivers and people involved; it's like they live in on another planet or clueless. Some are asphalt racers while others haven't accomplished much in motorsport at all, or seem distant from it. The most pressing thing I couldn't fathom before a switch happened was the Cupra team's choice of Hürtgen over Jutta. How on earth would you choose a failry anonymous asphalt racer with little to no experience from even competing on gravel over the only female, and German, ever to win the Dakar Rally? This just blow my mind.

Promoting environmental problems I think is very positive, though I dislike the way they're doing it for several different reasons. But the end goal justifies the means.