View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4098219)   #47
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Formula Two have been running these tyres for two seasons with no problems.

True, but the F2 cars don't have the the wake deflector on top off the tire like the new F1 cars which add, say 5cm to the height. 5cm is exactly the difference between 18 and the 16 inch wheel I'm proposing.

I will say that with the new cars the suspension attachment to the hub is now inside the new larger 18-inch wheels. I don't know if that would be possible with 16-inch wheels as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
We have had five years of thrilling cars, stupid fast ("is that in fast forward?"), that produced racing at least as good as 2016. Those low downforce cars were like watching paint dry, they were just not exciting and thrilling.
Hold on, I'm not saying they should've stuck with the 2016 cars. I'm saying they should have launched the current ground effect cars in 2017 straight away as was originally the plan. I suspect the concept change by threat of red bull walking away of F1. I was quite disappointed in motorsport journalism not giving more attention to this mayor shift in philosophy on the 2017 rule change.

I would not be surprised as this or next year the cars will be equally fast as the previous generation and the year after they will be quicker still. So faster cars should not have been an argument against the ground effect cars.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.