View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2022, 20:48 (Ref:4108057)   #172
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Yes it was Mary's first race, and both she and the car performed well in the 1 hour 2 driver race.
Slight correction to Andy97, it wasn't a DNF but an NC, not classified as we didn't do 80% of the race distance of the class winner (which was a quick Porsche 911)
Schoolboy error which I take the blame for. I had a storming start, getting ahead of the two rows in front. Fought to stay ahead and made them work hard to get back past me. Without a timer in the car I lost track of time and when I saw the pit board with a big arrow I pitted next time around. However it was only 15 minutes gone and Mary wasn't ready to jump in so I did another lap and handed over, the intention being to give Mary plenty of track time and maximum experience. I had said show me the board for a couple of laps so I know where to look, and it was this that was my undoing.
By the finish we were a couple of laps short of 80% target hence the NC. Worse still I think it means Mary won't get an upgrade signature so we may need to do another meeting to ensure she gets 6 this season.
Taking the positives there were several lessons learned, and with a blue sky and a lot of sun it was otherwise a perfect day's racing. Mike would have been mighty proud of his little sister - I know I am. Onwards and upwards !