View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2022, 20:32 (Ref:4108163)   #203
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
With the camera angles used on the TV coverage I hardly ever saw the blue light through the car windows to indicate hybrid use (although I suppose my screen / eyesight could've been a factor), not that it mattered because I could see the blue symbols on the graphic next to the driver's name.

I wonder as the season goes on if I'll start to pay much less attention to it and focus a bit more on enjoying the racing. I think it's a good thing that they're promoting electric propulsion but for an old luddite like me who doesn't like things changing, I suppose seeing when they're using hybrid could be a little bit like seeing what gear each car is in. If they select the wrong gear, they might get overtaken, but I don't have to watch for that information to enjoy the race.
The blue lights didn't seem that obvious to me either. Not sure what it was like at the track?

Personally, I don't think they need to flash (particularly as rapidly as they do). But I would like the light to be more obvious if I'm looking for it. Maybe a larger more obvious steady light would work better?

While we're on the subject of flashing lights - is anyone else a bit over seeing Ingram get his disco strobe going when he is trying to pass a car? I think the headlights should be used to illuminate the track ahead, or to warn a car you are approaching - not as an attempt to distract another driver. It doesn't indicate any skill in passing a car, just a lazy attempt at dazzling the driver.