Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4119877)   #25
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
That isn’t the only factor. There’s also cost. And what the teams want. And what the sponsors want. Silverstone has lost multiple events in recent years and I’m willing to bet that asking too much money (or not offering to pay enough) is a big factor in them all. And as I have said ad nauseam on this forum - Silverstone is a soulless industrial park, hard for non-UK teams to get to even before Brexit. I’d much rather WEC went to Portimao despite living less than an hour’s drive from Silverstone.
We're all aware of this. But this is a thread full of fans. So I'm not sure what people expect from these threads.

ACO ask what people want.
Fans say they want Silverstone
ACO pick circuits that aren't Silverstone (for some valid reasons)
Thread pops up about calendar changes
Fans still want Silverstone

Lets be reasonable here. Nobody sits and says "Well I'd prefer Silverstone by understand that the Crown Prince of Bahrain has decided that he wants another play thing, so I'm happy with Bahrain".

Or to put it another way - don't be surprised people keep asking for the same thing after you do a survey of what they want, and then decide that what they want isn't your priority.